While randomly cleaning up from a recent Utah trip (stay tuned for more photos...), I found myself with a need to coil a long section of 3mm cordage. I decided to wrap the cord around a Nalgene I found lying about, with the intent to slip it off and finish the coil. While wrapping, I found that it looked quite good, and with a bit more effort, a very handsome cozy had been crafted.
- wrap nalgene bottle in 50-foot length of 3mm cordage.
- thread ends back through one another, alternating and crossing in the middle.
- soak everything in the sink so the cordage will stretch even further, and tighten once dry.
- twist wrappings in direction of wrap, so they tighten around the bottle, pulling slack through the threaded ends
- push threaded sections into nice neat lines
- tie ends together, forming a handy loop with which to clip bottle to one's belt or ear
- enjoy cozy thoroughly, making fun of the less fortunate cozy-less nalgene bottles